Amazon Business Model is one of the best stable business models that fall in the category of e-Commerce. Amazon Makes Huge money from its business model. Jeff Bezos has become the world’s richest person and is known for his creative brain behind the Successful Amazon Business Model.
Amazon is one the largest company in expansion in terms of marketing products and services worldwide. But what is the key to the success of this e-Commerce giant? We analyze today and discuss unknown facts and secrets you didn’t know before.
Brief History of Amazon
Table of Contents
The idea for Amazon came about in 1994 in Washington when its creator, Jeff Bezos, decided to quit his job at a major Wall Street company. On July 5th, 1994, Amazon started its journey by picking hands with young entrepreneur Jeff Bezos.
Thus, Jeff Bezos would begin to market a limited amount of products with great potential for online sales.
And it began by selling books at a low price. Yes, It’s True Amazon Started its journey selling books online. They picked few products compared to now millions of products available on amazon. The success was absolute, and their sales increased to $ 20,000 weekly.
After returning to Seattle, he began to design a business plan based on an Internet e-commerce store. He decided to build something new, getting out of the traditional buying and selling systems; he wanted it online to reach lots of people online. Those who need some good which is not available nearby can also purchase them from Amazon. Even without going into a shopping mall, groceries stores, or restaurant, they can buy online after proper research.
To make a hassle-free shopping experience Jeff Bezos started and implemented lots of services and added lots of products and staff to handle all these things.
What is your inspiration? A financial article announced that, according to experts, there would be an increase in web commerce estimated at an annual growth of 2,300%, which is Amazin, isn’t it? Now, After google, Amazon has become one of the trusted brands around the globe. That’s why Google always trusts Amazon.
Recommended: Decathlon Business Model
Amazon business model
Amazon follows an e-commerce Business Model, in which they sell various items. A significant portion of revenue comes from here. At the starting point, Amazon started selling books on Amazon, and now they started selling all necessary things necessary for our daily needs.
Now that Amazon Business Model is diversified, they shifted and acquired many business models and adopted themselves. They also worked in AWS amazon webserver, Standalone RDP server, Amazon Prime streaming service, etc. But still, this type of Amazon business model is based on the online sales of all kinds of physical and digital products.
In addition, Amazon has been diversifying its business lines by offering other services that are part of the Freemium business model (Free + Premium). Freemium Business models stand for Basic products is free, but premium products are chargeable. This premium service gives you access to other company services such as series and movies on Amazon Prime Video, music, or unlimited storage of photos, etc.
For example, Amazon offers standard shipping and delivery services directly to your home. The shipping service of amazon is very quick, and you can take it for an annual fee while choosing shipping methods.
You may also check; SpaceX Business Model. The company is primarily working on manufacturing and launching Spacecraft.
Amazon Business Model Provide Values to their Customer.
Its creator Jeff Bezos has defined three fundamental requirements for Amazon to become the first choice of any customer. And these big improvements helped them to achieve their goal quickly. They have become top of the world in the e-COM stores business.
And this not amazon gradually spreads across the globe, and finally, they Captured a major market share in the Indian Market within very short periods.
Here are three essential fundamental, game-changing Services that adopted Amazon, and these work like a charm. Here are a few you might know about them.
- Super Fast delivery: Especially if the customer selects the Premium option with which they can have the chosen product at home, within 24 hours of their order placement.
- Low prices: Amazon brings you exciting offers and discounts continuously, although costs can vary substantially from day to day. Low Prices compared to local shops or shopping malls help you to achieve attractive savings for the customer.
- Wide variety of products International Level Shipment – Amazon is the world’s largest retailer today; virtually any category is available in their massive catalog list. Amazon Business Model continuously makes efforts to bring their upgraded database with your required products. So that you can shop from home without any hassle, they Bring your rarest items from even cross-border delivery in the shortest possible time.
- Powerful Technology Enabled New Apps With Alexa Support: You can experience seamless customer support using their latest Amazon Android and iOS App. The App is easy to use and equipped with powerful AI-driven Voice Assistant Alexa.
You may also like to read our another knowledgeable article, IBM Business Model.
Amazon has two types of customers:
- Private customers: millions of customers around the world buy and use the company’s services
- For Companies: these are the sellers who use the platform to sell their products and get there. thus to a more significant number of potential clients
The main distribution channel is Amazon’s website, Smartphone Androids, and iOS apps; the online store is available, with its TLD domain, in more than 13 countries worldwide.
In the case of those countries where there is no own website, and as long as there are no restrictions, customers can place their orders from the main page of the Amazon website. Here is it. www.amazon.com.
In addition, Amazon has alternative channels and other business modules for services: its application, the Amazon Prime platform, and an affiliate program. It also provides Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Server(AWS), etc..
Also Read: How Does Doordash Make Money?
How does Amazon Handle huge traffic worldwide and Maintain Its services?
Amazon’s foremost requirement is the development and maintenance of its huge platform for a hassle-free user experience. This main sales engine allows it to manage its customers’ massive range of services and products.
Therefore, Amazon makes a massive investment in managing and developing its platform, improving logistics systems, IT security, and all the businesses under its brand. Using all those improvements and adopting skills improves Amazon’s Business model dramatically, it also helps productivity and customer satisfaction. Implying huge technology and Modern AI system creates significant differences and productivity and success.
Relationship with the client and Customer Support.
Amazon Never compromises with service. Thousands of employees, engineers, and workers work day and night to provide good service to their customers. If any disputes carry while placing an order to purchase products, they are always ready to help and support directly from their order page.
Amazon offers numerous channels of communication with its customers, with a quick and instant response within time in some cases, thanks to the online chat option, calling systems, and Ai-powered Bot Called Alexa. In addition, customers can contact via email and the telephone number provided to them.
On the other hand, buyers can interact through comments or product evaluations. They can also provide valuable feedback after purchasing products to upgrade their systems according to their customer’s requirements.
How does Amazon Deal with huge customers and Provide Quality service?
- The primary resource of this e-commerce giant is the robust technological structure that allows it to instantly manage a high volume of orders in different parts of the world at a time.
- They deal with this huge customer, visitors, orders, and cash flow with the help of Best It engineers, Data Scientists, Programmers, Developers,s and Workers.
- On the other hand, Amazon has physical infrastructures such as offices and warehouses, and also they tied up with third parties Delivery Courier Services. With the help of the entire team, Amazon has become a super-strong e-comm giant worldwide.
- Human resources are included within the physical structure: engineers, computer scientists, developers, designers, or personnel specialized in customer service, among others.
- They established their strategic warehouse location so that they could achieve their goal, and customers become satisfied.
How does Amazon make money?
How does Amazon Make Money? This is a thousand dollars questions, and people want to know. Our Curious Mind has always driven us to see the secret of how Amazon generates huge money from their Successful Amazon Business Model.
Amazon earns income from many different channels, different sources, and Different business models under Amazon brands. Here are a few points that are a significant source of Income Amazon makes.
- Amazon e-Com Store: Amazon is Big brand nowadays, and its turnover is I Billion. Jeff Bezos becomes the world’s riches Person after Elon Musk. An interesting fact is that they earn huge money from their e-COM stores. A certain percentage they take as their service charges.
- Amazon Prime Video: the Premium subscription model offers attractive incentives to its customers. In addition to receiving their orders in less time and without shipping costs, subscribers have the right to unlimited storage of photos and access to the catalog of series, movies, and music.
Here Amazon Prime is nowadays one of the hottest segments where they making huge money.
- Patents: the company has more than 30473 patents to date globally, they earn huge money from these patents. Amazon makes money from these patents.
- Amazon Web services(AWS): it is a platform to offer technological resources to companies and organizations worldwide. The fastest web server is the first choice for top of the leading company to date. The security, speed, and latency matter the most, and here Amazon Web Services, aka AWS, is the king.
- From Advertising: Amazon Earns lots of money from their vast customers. And Behind this scene, the amazon Brand is responsible for it. It is one of the company’s most potent recruitment channels, which attracts a vast audience.
- Amazon Kindle: is Amazon’s exclusive reading platform from where customers can access an extensive catalog of entire books, magazines, journals, etc. It even offers the possibility that independent authors can publish their works and market them on the platform.
Amazon Main Partners
Amazon’s main partners are:
- Clients: they are the main partners of the company and those who provide the highest share of income. It is estimated that there are more than 300 million customers worldwide, of which about 65% are users of the Premium service, Amazon Prime.
Amazon Started with one-room stores on 5th July 1994 when Jeff Bezos Decided to quit his job to do something special different for customers online.
- Logistics companies: these are the external companies responsible for the supply of boxes and seals, as well as those responsible for the distribution. Many third parties authorities tied up and worked with them as a Courier Delivery partnership. Distribution is the main thing in the online e-comm business. They never compromise with delivery.
- Amazon Affiliates: Amazon is one of the best affiliate marketers in e-comm online marketing. Anyone can build an office or website and run their affiliate sites.
They are the people who are in charge, through their websites, of giving visibility to Amazon products, and receiving a commission in exchange. Its function is essential to increase traffic and attract new customers.
- Independent authors: they create content independently and use the Amazon platform to give visibility to their work. They do this through direct publishing from Kindle, the company’s digital e-book service.
You can buy, sell or register as your pdf boo online via the Amazon Kindle service.
How much Cost Do Amazon Spent and Where they Spent?
Amazon has a complex cost structure. To maintain their service and improve the quality of service and hassle-free experience, they always spent money to develop their systems. Here are a few sections where Amazon Spent colossal funds to maintain their quality service.
- Information Technology (IT) infrastructure: includes applications, iOS, Androids apps, and devices necessary for the company’s operation.
- Physical spaces: offices, warehouses, distribution and classification centers, and delivery stations.
- Marketing: Amazon spends a significant portion of its revenue on its marketing. Marketing is essential nowadays to build your brand.
- Software development and maintenance.
- Human Resources: To deal with this massive traffic and order, Amazon doesn’t hesitate to spend more.
- Affiliate commissions: Amazon Shares vast amounts of money with its affiliates. These are the people who directly or indirectly helped amazon to grow bigger and bigger.
Some unknown facts about Amazon
- The company’s first slogan was: ” The largest bookstore on Earth.”
- The Amazon River inspired Jeff Bezos to create the largest online store in the world for him.
- The Amazon logo represents a curved arrow that mimics a smile. The letters A and Z appear intertwined on this line. You can get everything over here, which means you can get A to Z products that you are looking for.
- The first idea that Jeff Bezos had to name his company was ” Cadabra.”
- In 2021 the page suffered a worldwide drop that caused losses valued at 5.7 million dollars.
- The size of Amazon warehouses is 700 times the size of Madison Square Gardens and could hold the water of 10,000 Olympic swimming pools.
- Currently, Amazon is working in 13 Countries Worldwide.
- Amazon Makes money through its 24355 patents worldwide.